Monday, January 17, 2011

KSM: Nike Air Barrage

This week we're featuring a pair of sneakers from Nike's vault that most of the younger sneakerheads probably don't remember.  We're featuring a Nike Turf classic, the Nike Air Barrage.

The Nike Air Barrage was the signature shoe for Marshall Faulk back in 1995 while playing for the Colts.  The Nike Air Barrage featured a predominately nubuck upper with a forefoot strap seen on many of Nike's turf shoes during that time.  The shoe itself did not boast many additional features but did stick in most peoples minds for the "Air" featured along the midsole and swoosh found directly on on the forefoot strap.

My mom got me a pair from the local Sports Authority store and these were my shoes for the good part of Grade 7 & 8.  I can remember my mom opted to purchase these shoes for me over other models cause they were on sale (a blessing in disguise).  Like many, I really liked Nike's runners that had their air units on full display.  At the time, I didn't appreciate these sneakers but I do now.  The Barrages were slightly heavier than your average runner due to their large midsole but I can remember that they had really good support around the ankle area and often felt like they molded to my foot.

Unfortunately, there are no future plans to have these bad boys retroed anytime soon.  For those who remember these bad boys, we can all dream and hope Nike will bring them back form the vault one day.

Image via: The Krusader

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kind people

    I am writing all the way from the UK

    I am after sorry can you help me

    I am after a pair of Nike Air Barrage

    sizes 12 (UK) and another in UK 9

    Please please please help

    A good friend of mine and I have been searching for over 8 YEARS for a pair as we didnt know what they where called

    Best regards

    Gerard and my mate Shaun

    g.j.lawson@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete